Every winter, most of us notice that our skin goes from being sun-kissed and fresh to sensitive and dehydrated. As the temperature drops, the most important thing for you to do is to keep your skin moisturized and well hydrated.
To keep your body well-nourished and hydrated it is important to follow the inside-out approach. Start by increasing your daily water intake. When you drink plenty of water you remain hydrated and will revive the moisture in your skin. As you continue to drink enough water you will see:
- You’re rehydrating skin tissue and making your skin more tight and firm
- Your skin’s elasticity will naturally increase
- Your body will have excess water for your skin, keeping it moisturized and glowing
Next, it is especially important to moisturize your skin on the surface.
- Moisturize right after you exfoliate
- Restored moisture barrier prevents evaporation providing hydration for new cells
- Moisturize after you shower, when pores are expanded, to help your skin retain water
Caution: try not to shower too often or with really hot water. This puts you at risk of washing away your skin’s natural oils and may cause your skin to dry out even more.
As you choose a moisturizer, look for one that is oil-based and uses premium-grade lanolin to awaken your skin’s natural lipid barrier, which is what maintains the moisture in your skin.
Theraderm Gentle Facial Moisturizer is perfect for sensitive, acne-prone skin.
- It has a gentle, lightweight formula
- It soothes and moisturizes without clogging pores
- It is also ideal for allergy-prone skin
Say yes to hydration and keep your skin feeling sun-kissed all year long.