You wear your skin every day. Every. Day. It’s your body’s biggest organ. It has the important job of being a barrier against outside organisms and protects underlying tissues and organs from abrasion and other injury. It helps regulate our core temperature. It protects the rest of the body from UV rays. Skin keeps moisture in so your other organs can run smoothly. Start taking care of it like it matters!
When you truly care for you skin, it shows. Eating right, exercising and proper skin care all have a role to play in the health of your skin. If you are lacking in any area, the world will know simply by looking at your skin. It keeps no secrets!
This is the part when I tell you to invest in your skin because it’s worth it! You invest in gorgeous high heels that you only wear a few times a year. You invest in keratin hair treatments that last 8 weeks. Now it’s time to invest with your time, energy, and budget for your skin’s sake! Skincare products don’t have to be pricey but they have to be high quality to give you maximum benefits! Make a commitment! When you invest in your skin, it responds positively! Here are ways you know your investment is working:
- When you have healthy skin, you require less makeup (meaning less money spent on concealers and foundation!)
- Breakouts are less frequent (saving money on acne zapping products, not to mention the reduced stress you’ll feel with zit-free skin)
- You’ll need to use less chilled tea bags since your eyes won’t be puffy due to poor eating habits!
- You’ll have a natural glow, requiring less blush or bronzer!
- You’ll save time each morning getting ready!
- Your confidence will increase when you don’t feel like you need to hide behind big sunglasses to cover-up the fine lines
- You’ll get a ton of compliments about how good you look, including, “You look so rested!”.
Now tell me, don’t these benefits sound pretty great? Don’t you feel motivated to invest some time, energy and money into your skin care routine? Remember, it’s not about the cost. It’s about the commitment to take care of your skin, one day at a time. If you are tired of looking tired, you can change it! Start today by investing in your skin!
*image credit: celebricious.com