You most likely booked your facial in hopes of having a relaxing experience. But for some of us, our brains go into overdrive and we start overthinking everything. If this is you, you will totally be able to relate to these thoughts, and if it isn’t, we are very jealous!
1. “Do they know I just lied about the last time I had a facial?”
Maybe not, but they can tell a lot more about your skin if you are honest.
2. “Why do I keep using those products they specifically told me to quit using?”
We can’t really help you on this one.
3. “Of course I have to go the bathroom -- right now!”
Just tell your skin professional. They want you to be comfortable.
4. “I really need to scratch my nose.”
Go for it! Again, comfort is important.
5. “Was I snoring?
Probably, but that’s a good sign!
6. “Ohhhh...is that going to leave a mark?”
You know you’ve thought that after your aesthetician does an extraction or ten. If redness is a concern, just let them know you don’t want them done. It’s not a big deal.
7. “Are they going to fix my makeup after this?”
You can let your aesthetician know you have to be somewhere afterward, but for the most part, no she isn’t going to reapply your makeup.
8. “Is this supposed to tickle?”
9. “Is this supposed to hurt?”
10. “What are they thinking about my skin?”
They are simply thinking they can make it better.
11. “I knew I should have worn sunscreen like my mom told me.”
12. “Are my wrinkles worse than the last customer’s wrinkles?”
13. “I feel so fancy. I should do this more often.”
Yes, yes you should.
14. “I am making a habit of this. My skin looks amazing!”