Karen Walrond has super powers.
Her super power is to make sure that you know you have super powers.
In her stunning book, The Beauty of Different, Karen casts light on real beauty, those things unique to individual; the things that we sometimes forget are important, defining…and beautiful. Through her encouragement as a blogger, author and speaker, Karen helps us to see with fresh eyes the breathtaking significance of our differences.
She captures it well in the video below;
When I saw the original post on her blog, I immediately asked her if we could share it on The Skinny–it sums up my heart and perspective on inner beauty. Thankfully, Karen graciously accepted, and it is well worth three minutes of your time (and I bet you’ll share it with a friend or two). If you’re like me, you’re going to want to hold on to its empowering message, so for your convenience, I’ve transcribed her Top 10 Ways below.
- remember there are differences, but there are no flaws.
- there’s only one fashion rule: if it makes you feel awesome, wear it.
- be willing to be vulnerable, so you can also fully experience joy.
- control your own perspective. perspective is everything.
- another word for sexy? confident.
- breathe. deeply and every day.
- express yourself. often, kindly and without apology.
- the adventure is in the attempt. embrace possibility.
- to remain youthful, never stop looking for the wonderful.
- and finally: create your own story. never let others create it for you.