Spring break is nearly here and that means the beginning of travel season is here as well! Vacation is a time relax, but that doesn’t mean relaxing your skin care routine too. While we agree it can be more difficult to maintain a skin care regimen while traveling….we believe it is even MORE important while you travel. You are disrupting the norm and our bodies get confused and sometimes rebel. And rebellious skin is not a pretty sight so we have put together a few simple tips for you to follow:
- Cleanse your face daily. You need to wash off the cellular debris that can collect while sitting in a stuffy airplane or riding in car full of kiddos. A new environment means new toxins and sometimes our skin will absorb these…..so wash them off with the rest of the day!
- Make sure you use a gentle cleanser, not a drying soap, lower humidity in airplanes and hotel rooms are dry enough.
- Use a toner that helps balance the PH levels in your skin. This prepares the skin for your moisturizer and helps the moisturizer work more efficiently.
- Speaking of moisturizer…..moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Again – lower humidity levels will dry your skin making those fine lines and wrinkles appear more prominent than they really are.
- Antioxidants are a MUST. This is our main line of defense against free radicals. Choose a light gel or serum formulation so you aren’t clogging up those pores.
- Don’t wear too much makeup. Wear something light and that works well for your skin type.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration from the inside out will keep your skin looking fresh and give it a natural glow.
- Wear your sunscreen! Protect your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays that sneak through the windows of airplanes, cars and hotels
- TRAVEL sized skin care is a MUST. They are perfect to toss into your carry-on making sure you don’t get trapped without your goodies if your luggage gets misplaced. Theraderm makes a travel system that is just four easy steps. Perfect size and guess what? It actually works!
These simple tips will keep your skin looking great while you travel. Do you have any tips you would like to share?