Spring is coming and with it, more exposed skin! You want your skin to look sexy and glowing! Since I know you’ve been eating well, exercising and remembering to detox your skin on a regular basis, you have a good foundation for sexy, glowing skin! Just add a few simple beauty steps and you’ll be a golden goddess in time to hit the hottest vacation spots at Spring Break!
Start a DIY “Tan Smart” program a couple of weeks before you expect to bare more skin, giving your tan time to build and look natural. If you have a vacation planned, use that as your target date. If not then by late March you should be able to meet the world with less layers so start your countdown!
- Start by exfoliating your skin in the shower.
- Once you are completely dry, apply your favorite self tanning product.
- Wash your hands once you have completed the application.
- Allow the product to fully absorb before getting dressed! 10 minutes is a good length of time to wait.
- Apply every three days, more if you desire a darker tan, and do not exfoliate in between or you will speed the fading process.
- There are self-tanners for the face if you’d like to try that. Otherwise, a few makeup tricks will help you glow!
*Keep in mind when using self-tanners that it is spring and not the middle of summer so use a lighter shade of bronzer for a more natural look.
you’ll want to compliment your beautifully tanned skin with the right makeup!
- Use shimmer to enhance your bronzed glow. There are many brands of blush or bronzer available with great light reflecting shimmer added. Apply it in the “W” area on the face (the cheeks and the bridge of the nose) where the sun naturally hits. Dust your cleavage too if you are wearing a v-neck or low-cut top.
- Wear a gold shimmer shadow to enhance your golden look or cool pink eye shadow to contrast your tanned skin.
- Wear brown or purple eyeliner as they are softer against the skin than black and look more natural.
- Wear violet mascara.
- Apply a nude, bronze color to your lips. Add a top coat of clear gloss for an iridescent, dewy look.
- If you are exposing your shoulders, dust them with a bit of shimmer or use a shimmer lotion. You’ll radiate!
Keep your skin moisturized and drink plenty of water too! The natural moisture will add to the dewiness of your look. Remember, when you go out into the real sun to cover-up with a chic hat and plenty of SPF! Have fun!