Exfoliation plays a key role in creating and maintaining confident, healthy skin at all ages and stages in life. Why does exfoliation matter? Dead skin cells work like hair in the drain. If you want your products to work best, you need to remove the dead cells.
- As we age, cellular turnover slows significantly. This is what causes skin to appear dull and rough.
- The buildup of dead skin cells can result in excessive oil and clogged pores which can cause clogged pores and blemishes.
- Dead skin cells reduce the amount of product absorption.
Apply Theraderm Fruit Acid Exfoliant daily which is formulated for all skin types. Dr. Beckman advocates everyone use a skin care product with an elevated concentration of lactic acid as part of daily facial care. This gives the benefit of having a more youthful appearance to the skin, but an important bonus is that the increased exfoliation rate lowers the risk of having the buildup of pre-cancerous epidermal cells on the skin. Fruit Acid Exfoliant is a gentle alpha-hydroxy acid exfoliator that can be used daily in conjunction with the Skin Renewal System or alone.
Too much sun exposure? Apply Theraderm Fruit Acid Exfoliant within 4-6 hours of exposure to stop the burn progression, preventing permanent skin damage. Lactic Acid intervenes in the natural gene response in skin cells and the immune system to stop the progression of redness, pain, swelling, and blisters, thereby preventing long lasting damage to the skin.
It’s time to get acquainted with Theraderm OPC Reparative Serum. Revered by all for its healing powers and ability to combat signs of aging like dark spots, sagging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines, OPC slows down the skin’s aging process. It also reduces redness. This powerful antioxidant is 20x more effective than Vitamin C as a free radical scavenge and should be applied daily under your SPF to provide added environmental protection.
If there’s one product your medicine cabinet shouldn’t be without, it’s Theraderm’s NuPeel Natural Enzyme Peel. This highly versatile solution uses papaya enzymes to stimulate cellular turnover and remove dead skin cells in just 60 seconds. An affordable luxury, you can use it head to toe with zero guilt. Go ahead, slather it on for instant gratification and rejuvenation. NuPeel Natural Enzyme Peel is also a great way to prepare skin prior to any deep exfoliation treatments as well as afterward to speed the exfoliation process. Here are some favorite ways to enjoy NuPeel:
- Restore super-dry hands (hello, over-washing + sanitizing) by using NuPeel 2-3x a week before washing. The non-abrasive, non-irritating papaya enzyme peel gently removes dead skin cells and dry, rough patches to leave hands soft and smooth. It’s particularly great for that pesky dry skin between your fingers and under rings.
- Get pedi ready. NuPeel helps feet shed calluses and flaky skin to ensure feet are ready for sandal season. The gentle yet powerful peel is subtle and won’t instigate a snake-like shedding that you’ll have to hide, so it’s a lot more sandal-friendly than some harsher foot peels.
- Prep for a smooth, streak-free self-tan by using NuPeel before your shower, over your entire body. It takes only 60 seconds for NuPeel to work its magic. Rub it into the skin and literally feel the dead skin balling up beneath your fingertips!
- Remove unwanted pigment. If a self-tan is wearing off, NuPeel can help get rid of those awkward ankle and wrist lines left behind and even helps melt away the tail end of your tan to avoid blotchy orange patches.
- Get your glow back! Finally, NuPeel is the perfect gentle at-home peel for your face and decolletage. Utilizing papaya/papain enzymes to naturally exfoliate, and packed with a number of botanical extracts like aloe, pineapple, grape seed, green tea leaf, and cucumber, NuPeel is like an at-home, natural facial peel in a bottle.
- Enhance absorption! Get the full benefit of expensive “other” skincare products when they are fully absorbed after NuPeel exfoliation.