You’ve been learning great tips from the Therapon Real Beauties about eating well, skin care techniques and life skills that will improve your skin’s health. There is one thing to keep in mind: when it comes to skin care during the winter, the bottom line is that “More is Better”.
- More Water: Drink it down! When it’s cold, you exercise less and drink less water. You have to make an effort to get your required water amount each day. Add a lemon and warm it up. Add a cucumber and chill it. Add lemon and mint leaves (so yummy!) for a refreshing twist. Drink herbal tea. Whatever it takes to help you increase your water intake, so your skin can enjoy the benefits, is worth your efforts!
- More Moisture: Apply a richer lotion or cream to your body than you do in the warmer months. Don’t forget your midsection! This area is often neglected but without proper moisture, it can suffer from itchy, dry skin in the winter!
- More Exfoliating! Your skin diminishes its oil production in the winter which in turn causes dry skin. Exfoliate twice a week to help remove dead skin cells and prevent skin from looking dull.
- More Sunscreen! The sun is dangerous in the winter too so don’t say goodbye to your SPF when summer ends! Remember, the sun reflects off snow and can cause sun burn!
- More Sleep! This one is easy since the daylight is limited in the winter solstice. Your cells need you to sleep to allow them time to renew.
- More Vitamins! When fresh fruits and veggies are not readily available like they are in the summer, it’s easy to slip into a low vitamin diet. Be aware of this and practice consuming a balanced diet for optimal skin health. Vitamins are a good option if you need extra help.
- More Protection! Hands and lips often suffer in the winter. Take extra care to cover them even on short trips out in the cold.
The winter can be so much fun outdoors but if you don’t add MORE, your skin will suffer. Let these tips be your winter skin care guide so by spring, your skin is ready for skin-baring clothing!