I LOVE this time of year because it’s filled with all these gorgeous jewel-toned colors, the bounty of the season, inspired warm comforting dishes, and taking the time to enjoy our family and count our blessings. But if you are anything like me, whirling through life barely having a moment to catch my breath, sometimes I forget to stop and take inventory of all the things that I am grateful for, how about you? When was the last time you really appreciated all that you have?
For me, Thanksgiving is a reminder to take the time to really notice all the wonderfulness around me and absorb it! So in honor of Thanksgiving (and all my multi-tasking soul sistas), I thought I would encourage you to take the time to create a gratitude list, jar or box of all the things that you are grateful for and then share it at this years Thanksgiving Feast.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, find an empty jar, can or box, tap into your inner artiste and decorate it! Paint, color, draw, or glue on leaves or jewels, whatever it takes to help you shift gears from thinking mode into a just being present state of mind. No judgements, be a kid and enjoy it!
- Next, make an exhaustive list of every single thing that you are grateful for! Let it flow, don’t stop the thoughts, it doesn’t matter how large or small, just write them all down. Keep going even when you think you are done, there’s bound to be more. Here are some tips to help stimulate your thinking:
- What makes you smile? What makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
- What gives you pleasure? What makes your life feel full?
- Who makes your life infinitely better? Have you told them lately?
- What are the small things you are grateful for but often overlook?
- What are your precious moments?
- What are your milestones this year?
- Now take a look at that fabulous list of gratitude! Doesn’t it make you feel good?? Not to mention LOOK good?
- You can stop here or you can cut up all those bits of gratitude and put them in a box or jar and share them at your feast. Or you can read a few at your feast and have every guest add a piece of gratitude to the jar.
- The skies the limit! Just soar, absorb, and bask in the gratitude! And look at the quatity of them, now you can actually count your blessings
- Now Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!