Where did 2010 go? Honestly for me it flew by! How about you? What were your fondest memories from 2010? Your greatest accomplishments? How about your ‘do overs’? Was it a wonderful, memorable year, or one you would rather forget? How have you grown in this past year?
Since I am a professional question asker, I love this time of year when many of us dig deeper, evaluate, and ask those tough but important questions about where we have been and where we are headed. During this time of year, I tend to set goals for myself for the upcoming year, to paint a picture, chart a course, and create a clear vision of what I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. I call this creating a VISION BOARD. I create something tangible, something visible, something I can look at everyday to remind me of my goals and encourage forward momentum. Would you like to try?
Here are the steps to creating your own VISION BOARD for 2011:
- Take a few moments to clear your mind of your cluttered thoughts, your to do’s etc. Sit in a comfortable position, take a few deep breaths and just be. Sit with that for a few moments and once you feel calm, ask yourself: How do I feel about my life’s course? Where do I want to go? What big and small things do I want to accomplish in 2011? What would bring me utter joy, peace and happiness in 2011?
- Now write everything down! No judgements, no censoring, just let the ideas and thoughts flow. Imagine the possibilities are endless, where do you want to soar?
- After you have exhausted all your thoughts, go back, take a look at what you wrote and synthesize your goals. Make them tangible, meaningful and most of all Clear and Specific!
- Now get a big piece of poster board and an assortment of magazines and create a collage of picutres and words that bring these goals to life. Select pictures that really reasonate with you, that tell the story of what you want to accomplish and glue them down in a pattern that makes sense to you, that tells your story. Make sure you put a year and date on it.
- Now you have created your very own Vision Board, but that was the easy part! Now you must make an effort to reflect on your goals as often as possible and manifest your desires. Use the Laws of Attraction to make your vision a reality. Constantly remind yourself that you can do it and keep yourself on course.
- And always remember that only you can make your dreams come true!
And please share your vision boards with the rest of us, it’s inspiring and motivating!