One of the benefits (insert sarcasm) of getting older is my new-found ability to recognize previously unseen flaws. And since I’m in front of the mirror to wash my face a few times a day, as well as apply make-up and moisturizer – I think I’m becoming a bit of an expert on them.
Take for example – pore size. I can honestly say I had never noticed the size of my pores until recently. And now that I have? Terrible. So I set about to research ways to shrink the little devils – here are some suggestions I found to be useful.
How to shrink your pores
- Wash your face. Sounds elementary, I know – but consider how many times you’ve gone to sleep with make up on…. Just. Don’t. Do. It. Your face needs to be cleaned with a mild cleanser – one appropriate for your skin – at least twice a day. And really? Don’t go to sleep with make up on.
- Exfoliate. This gets rid of the dead skin that is sapping your skin of brightness and tone. Do it a few times a week. You can also use a Natural Enzyme Peel (shameless plug!) but so effective.
- Before you apply makeup (and for a temporary fix)- splash your face with cold water – OR – use an ice cube on your skin. The cold will naturally help the pores to tighten and therefore, shrink.
- At bedtime, coat face in creams that have alpha-hydroxy or retinol. These will help bring your face back to life.
- Use SPF, don’t forget to moisturize, stick to a healthy diet. You laugh, I know….. but the small, common sense items are the one that can have the greatest effect.
And now you know….
Do you have any pore-shrinking tips? Be sure toe share them here.