The Right Diet Can Lead to Younger Looking Skin
Every day our skin faithfully reminds us that we’re not as young as we used to be. With all the chemicals and strange concoctions available that supposedly deal with aging, it can be hard to know what is best for both our skin and our health.
Nature, however, is hardly concerned. As it turns out, our bodies are more than capable of producing young, healthy skin, provided that we focus on a healthy diet. Did you know:
- Vitamin C is effective against wrinkles and fine lines, essential for the synthesis of collagen and helps to reduce skin damage caused by free radicals
- Vitamin A helps reduce the signs of aging and can be found in several foods, including whole milk, eggs, sweet potatoes, carrots, melons, broccoli, lettuce and dark leafy greens
- Antioxidants, like Vitamin C, E and OPCs, fight free radicals that damage and weaken collagen and can be found in blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, plums and wine
- Green and white tea are effective antioxidants, are anti-inflammatories, slow down the signs of aging and reduce wrinkles under the eyes
- Greek yogurt contains a high level of calcium which increases cell turnover in the skin
- Pumpkin is high in antioxidants and jam-packed with vitamin C, E, A, potassium, beta carotene and zinc
A healthy diet full of the right vitamins and antioxidants is essential to having healthier, younger skin. Coupling it with a skin care regime that utilizes several of these all-natural components is even better. Theraderm offers several products that meet this need, including:
- Anti-Aging Lip Complex – Infused with avocado oil and vitamin E
- OPC Reparative Gel – Antioxidant serum which utilizes OPCs
Healthy skin always looks younger! Mother Nature seems to have always known the secret to turning back time.