Many of us spend our mornings adding layer upon layer of make-up or other beauty products to our face in an effort to cover up things like:
However, did you ever consider that the solution might involve taking OFF layers instead? Through a procedure called dermaplaning, a skin care professional can literally peel back the signs of aging and other blemishes. According to Dr. Jim Beckman, dermaplaning involves a simple shaving of the epidermis (the outer layer of your skin) by a skin care professional with a surgical scalpel blade. Although that might sound scary, the procedure is actually quick with few to no adverse effects. Using a delicate touch, the provider simply “shaves” off dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. This is a great treatment for:
- Patients who are pregnant or nursing who want exfoliation but cannot use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk of chemical absorption
- Patients who have excess vellus hair on their skin, which is soft, short hair that often causes a buildup of dirt, oils and skin cell debris in the follicles, that, when removed, makes skin both look heathier and easier to clean
- Patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles, who, immediately after treatment, can enjoy a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance
Furthermore, removing the outer epidermal skin enhances the penetration of active ingredients in the deeper skin layers. This means that, after dermaplaning, the effects of other skin care products you use, such as Theraderm Cleansing Wash, are greatly enhanced. Theraderm products can also enhance the effectiveness of dermaplaning before and after the treatment:
- Use a lactic acid or Jessner peel, such as Theraderm Fruit Acid Exfoliant, in addition to dermaplaning.
- Use Theraderm NuPeel® Natural Enzyme Peel after treatment to further enhance smoothness in the crevasses between epidermal cell edges and increase the time of effectiveness of the treatment.
- Combine dermaplaning with the steps in Theraderm’s exclusive peel technique to further enhance results in both how your skin looks and feels. To further enhance your results, the anti-aging product, Eternox Peptide Repair Creme will help restore skin to its youthful state.
Still unsure about dermaplaning? Watch our video to see the procedure in action.