Over the past several years, I have begun to notice that Med Spas are cropping up all over the place, and I hadn’t paid much attention to them until recently. All of sudden, I find myself very intrigued by Med Spas and wanted to explore why they have become so popular in recent years. And here’s what I have uncovered: These innovative and timely creations combine the best of spas and the best of anti-aging innovation, and women are flocking to them for affordable, quick, results oriented services with minimal downtown. So what’s not to like? A little relaxation, a little pampering, and transformative services = a very enticing place to go!
In the United States, it is estimated that there are currently between 500 to 1200 medical spas in existence and more continue to open up everyday. Med Spas have bridged the gap between traditional invasive, sterile medical procedures and the appeal of pampering treatments at a relaxation spa, and blended them into the perfect combination. Most Med Spas offer a variety of services including laser treatments, facial peels, and various forms of injectibles.
Recently this 40+ maven paid a visit to a couple different Med Spas in SoCal, and I was pleasantly surprised by the almost enjoyable process, the innovation and skill, and most importantly the results (honestly my skin has never looked better!)Read more about my first ever Medi Spa visit HERE and first experience with Botox and laser tightening HERE.
If you are starting to notice the signs of aging, I highly recommend checking out your local Med Spa and exploring the array of services. Here’s a quick cheat sheet of the most popular services you might find at your local Med Spa and what they can do for your skin:
- BOTOX/DYSPORT is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium. It is a non-surgical treatment that can temporarily reduce moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and around the eyes.
- RESTYLANE/JUVÉDERM is a gel made of hyaluronic acid that is injected into the skin in order to add volume to lips and lift up wrinkles and folds.
- IPL FOTOFACIAL is a non-laser medical procedure that delivers a series of gentle pulses of visible light onto the surface of your skin to effectively eliminate redness, broken capillaries, brown spots, sun damage, large pores, fine lines, and rosacea and melasma conditions.
- LASER TIGHTENING Utilizes a laser to heat the dermis at a deep level, stimulating new collagen production and dramatically firming and tightening loose sagging skin.
- LASER REJUVENATION Utilizes a laser to soften fine lines and wrinkles, shrink pores and decrease or eliminate redness found deeper in the epidermis. It stimulates new collagen and helps give your face a more youthful appearance.
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL A laser light is used for a brief moment, then is absorbed by dark hair follicles, then is turned into heat which damages the cells at the root of the hair and prevents further hair growth. Hair falls out after a couple of weeks and regrowth is finer and sparser.