I have a confession to make: I have seriously annoying dark pockets/circles under my eyes and it really bothersme. No matter what I do, these pesky bags do not go away. However, this is where being a beauty maven has its advantages–I have the best arsenal of products to instantly and dramatically refresh, brighten, wake-up and alter the appearance of my tired-give-my-age-away eyes (43, in case you were wondering).
So I thought, I would share a list of some of the best, most transformative cosmeceutical ingredients used today that alter the appearance of bags, dark circles, wrinkles, and eyes that are lacking sleep:
- Caffiene is a natural anti-inflammatory that reduces swelling, brightens, energizes and increases blood flow to the under eye area. When I haven’t gotten enough sleep, this is one of my favorite go-to ingredients for a quick pick me up and it offers noticeable and immediate results.
- Green/White Tea are effective antioxidants that fight free radicals, act as an anti-inflammatory, slow down the signs of aging, and reduce sagging and wrinkles under the eyes.
- Cucumber is a wonderful calming ingredient that soothes, cools, and reduces inflammation. And I adore the yummy fresh smell. Next time you do a mask, cut a couple of thin slices to place over the eyes and relax; or better yet, puree a couple of cucumbers in the food processor and put that lovely green mixture all over your face for a refreshing, hydrating treat!
- Retinol is still the gold standard for treating wrinkles because over time it boosts collagen, plumps up the skin and smoothes away wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic acid is a natural lubricant found in our bodies when we are young. It smooths and plumps up our skin because of its ability to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant that stimulates collagen and lightens pigmentation.
- Vitamin K helps constrict capillaries and reduces bruising. I love using products with Vitamin K after I have injectable treatments because I feel like it accelerates my healing
A Fabulous Concealer is hands down my I-can’t-live-without product! The perfect under eye concealer should effectively cover, conceal, brighten (with light reflecting pigments), and lightly fill in fine lines.
- Shimmery white/champagne gold shadow in the corners of your eyes is a wonderful make-up trick that adds a deceptive lightness and sparkle to the corners of your eyes-I LOVE this secret weapon!
- Curling Your Lashes subtly lifts and opens up your eyes with minimal effort.