Minimize Stress to Minimize Acne
Most of us are too well acquainted with acne and read article after article in search of both the root of the problem and its cure. We often hear about common acne-inducing habits like:
- Eating poorly
- Using irritating facial products
- Using dirty pillow cases
- Using an un-sanitized cell phone
But STRESS could be causing your frequent breakouts. Here are the hard facts:
- When your sebaceous glands produce oil, your skin is prone to acne.
- Cortisol, the body’s natural regulatory hormone for dealing with stress, is one of the factors that increase sebaceous gland activity.
- In stressful situations, your body releases cortisol, causing your skin to produce more oil.
This issue is compounded when thinking about the stress that acne causes you. Actually, don’t think about it. This cycle of stress, then acne, then more stress, then more acne can wreak havoc on our skin. It can also disrupt our diligence in keeping up with a daily skin care routine. So what can we do?
Tip from Dr. Beckman: To help reduce redness and symptons of roseacea use Theraderm’s OPC Reparative Gel.
First and foremost, it’s time to calm down. We need to walk away from as many stress-inducing factors as possible and take time to care for ourselves. Enjoy a nice warm bath. Listen to relaxing music. Talk about stressful issues with friends and family. The next step is to get a skin care regimen. It helps to choose something that is:
- Simple to do
- Includes both reparative and preventative products
The best option available for this is the Reversion Clear Skin System from Theraderm. Reversion is designed specifically for acne and proven to work. Just knowing that there’s a system available to deal with a wide variety of acne issues helps to reduce stress.