Why yes…. it is that time of year – Spring. We are madly digging through our closets, tossing the items we no longer need, opening the windows and dusting the floorboards and blinds.
We are whipping the curtains wide open, welcoming the sunshine, the fresh air …. picking the tulips and focusing on everything EXCEPT us. Isn’t it time you focused on you? Couldn’t YOU use a little Spring Cleaning?
Here are 5 ways you can make that happen….
Five Steps to Spring Clean Your Body
1) Create a skin care regimen – It is so easy during the winter months to let your skin succumb to the cold. We look in the mirror and barely recognize the face we see: red and dry skin – and it is probable the fine lines are more noticeable. And you’ve probably been shirking your sunscreen responsibilities, haven’t you? Now – it is time – back to regular cleansing, toning, moisturizing and using sunscreen everyday. Also, consider a Natural Enzyme Peel (at home) for some quick, brightening results.
2) Take time to meditate – If you have never taken the time to sit peacefully for 5 or 10 minutes, allowing yourself to absorb the silence – while you are fully awake – you are missing out. I’m not suggesting you develop an affinity for all things yoga or manage to carve out a 45 minute window of time you-just-don’t-have. Simply look to focus to find 5 to 10 minutes that allow you to breathe deeply in peace focusing on what is good in your world. The shift in your perspective will leave you with an extra spring in your step.
3) Make changes in your Diet. How are you eating? Have you been hoarding food like a bear hibernating for Winter? Now is the time to start making small changes. Begin to evaluate your snacking – choose the apples over the chips, the string cheese over the cookies. You don’t need me to guide you down the path to healthy eating, but a little nudge in that direction never hurt, right?
4) Real Spring Cleaning. Now, this might be the only area you are already tackling – but I think it is an important step too – honest-to-goodness-down-and-dirty-Spring-Cleaning of your Home. This is the de-cluttering kind. This is the kind of cleansing that leaves you feeling accomplished. That is good for your mind and your soul. Start small – pick a closet, a few drawers or start in a kid’s room. However you do it, get moving.
5) Indulge. I won’t say this is the most important step, but it is up there…..allow yourself a luxury - I would suggest a pedicure since you have to be ready for flip flops and sandals…. but maybe you would like to purchase fresh flowers for planting or possibly a spray tan for a little color.