As we age, our skin changes and so should our makeup. I listed a few makeup tips below that will not only update your look, but take years off your age as well! Don’t let your makeup routine age you!
- Less is more – we’ve all seen that woman who is wearing pounds of makeup trying to hide her age. Not attractive and not hiding her age. Lighten up!
- No more powder – unless you are super oily. Powder settles into lines and creases, accentuating wrinkles, which is not the look we are going for.
- Skin changes and so should your makeup. That amazing foundation you have been wearing for 20 years may no longer be working for you or that shade could now be off. Go to a professional and have an analysis to match your perfect shade.
- Get the red out…..of your eyes! Use drops specifically designed to brighten the whites of your eyes. Tired, red eyes make us look older.
- Curl those lashes. As we age, our lashes thin. Curling them can add volume and make them appear fuller.
- Shape and fill in eyebrows. Again, our eyebrows thin – find a professional to help shape yours and show you how to fill them in, preferably with a powder, not a pencil.
- Don’t age yourself with 80-esque cheek to ear blush! Use a creme blush on the apples of your cheeks only – this also combats that tired, washed out look.
- Lip liner, ladies! If your lip stick is bleeding, use a lip liner. Just make sure it either matches your lipstick or is neutral – NO dark liners please! I’d also recommend a lip complex to reduce wrinkles around lips and prevent feathering.
- Keep it neutral. When lining your eyes, use a neutral shade such as brown or slate rather than black. Black is too harsh and can make eyes appear smaller than they are.
- Get out of that rut…but not TOO much! Have fun with your makeup, change it up – use new colors – but avoid your daughters bright colors and “glitter” shadows (this one is hard for me. I love glitter EVERYTHING!)
Follow these few simple steps and you will knock years off your age. What about you? Any additional tips on how makeup can make you appear more youthful?